The safari begins and ends from Kampala or Entebbe Our guide/driver picks you at 7:00 a.m from your hotel or residence. Drive to Mbarara (283km from Kampala ) via Masaka. Make a first stop over at Equator crossing for snacks and photography.
Lunch break is made at Regency Hotel or Agip Motel Mbarara. After lunch, drive to Bwindi. This is the lushest highland rain forest on earth, filled with primates and exotic birds, valleys, hilltops and papyrus swamps. The afternoon is spent on a foot safari around the local communities living around the park. Meals and overnight at any of the following recommended accommodation: Gorilla Forest Camp, Bwindi Resort, volcanoes (High end/luxurious accommodation), Buhoma Lodge, Engagi Lodge, Lake Kitandara Tents, Silverback Lodge (Medium class accommodation) and Buhoma local community Bandas (Low budget/basic accommodation) depending on the location of the gorilla permit client have to trek.
Begin the day with breakfast ready for trekking, which begins at 8:00 a.m with a briefing from the UWA staff. Ensure to carry along with you rain jacket, drinking water, snacks, jungle boots etc The guides will lead you inside the jungle to see the shy Primates for a group you have been booked for. Do not forget to take your lunch boxes and all the necessary gear to track the rare Mountain Gorilla, perhaps one of the most exciting wildlife experiences on earth. The tracking may take between 2 and 6 hours but its well worth the effort. Meals and overnight at any of the following recommended accommodation: Gorilla Forest Camp, Bwindi Resort, volcanoes (High end/luxurious accommodation), Buhoma Lodge, Engagi Lodge, Lake Kitandara Tents, Silverback Lodge (Medium class accommodation) and Buhoma local community Bandas (Low budget/basic accommodation)
Return to Kampala , then Entebbe , with lunch enroute and stop over at Equator Uganda before your evening departures home. End of services.
End of the tour
|NO. PAX||1||2 p/p||3 p/p||4 p/p||5 p/p||6 p/p||7 p/p||8 p/p|
- Transport in a 4wd land cruiser or safari vehicle with pop-up roof for excellent safari view viewing (or upgrade, see)
- All fuel for the tour.
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide.
- Accommodation in double/twin rooms (shared).
- Meals as indicated.
- Entrance fee to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
- All activities described in the itinerary.
- 1 Gorilla permit per person (à USD 500)
- International air fares.
- Entry visa Uganda
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance.
- All drinks
- Meals and snacks which are not inclusive in the accommodation.
- A porter for during the gorilla trackings (someone who carries your daypack).
- All activities that are not mentioned in the program or activities that are mentioned in the program as optional activity.
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc.
- All expenses of a personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, souvenirs etc.).